Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Where did the experts go

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Where did the experts go

Old 08-27-2016, 05:31 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did the experts go

I know lots if great posters have left because of the trolls, but where did they go?

Post quickly as I am sure this will get pulled
Old 08-27-2016, 08:35 PM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Plenty of good posters around still, people don't just post for no reason I'm sure any issue will find the answer if you ask.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:07 AM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Many great builders can be found here... http://rccanucks.com/forumdisplay.php?32-Jets
Old 08-28-2016, 08:32 AM
Birdman6310

I think it was the whole Fly Eagle Jet thing that did it and to some extent the disproportionate way the Mods treated different people
Old 08-28-2016, 04:54 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

This site has also become unusable and goes down a lot.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:42 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys will answer, if questions are asked ?
Old 08-29-2016, 06:25 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not a facebook user but I'm told that is where "everyone" went.
Vin...
Old 08-29-2016, 06:53 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm an occasional Facebook user for family and friends and I don't follow any RC activity on FB except for occasionally noticing a random photo of a model airplane. Perhaps the hobby of key boarding has just run it's course? I think folks may fly more than type these days. I still see good threads here still when good projects come along or when someone has a question. Agree, I do not see the guys who live on the threads typing away aimlessly so much. Perhaps those guys are indeed on FB typing away there but since I'm not buddies with them I don't see it and that's OK too.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:28 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Experts? Has been drips under pressure?
Old 08-29-2016, 08:31 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Plenty of good posters around still, people don't just post for no reason I'm sure any issue will find the answer if you ask.
+1

I've been on here for quite some time and I could probably count on one hand the really knowledgeable guys who used to post but now seem to be gone. In some cases its because they left the hobby or moved onto other facets of it.

Ask a question, you'll get an answer. You've got well over 50+ years of collective jet experience just on this thread alone.

As far as just posting what's going on, for me its a time thing. I have to scrape together the time just to *do* the building and flying, most times getting additional time to post about it, anywhere, not just here, is a bridge to far...

Bob
Old 08-29-2016, 09:47 AM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

All

i was not implying there is not knowledge here or experience. I just enjoyed reading some of the information people posted here who are no longer active or using the site.

I was was just curious if there is yet another site besides the big three where they all went. Not Facebook I am not a fan of it.

Scott
Old 08-29-2016, 11:38 AM
kimhey

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I visit rcu less...much less than before. FBgroups are way less infected by trolls�� Too many treads tend to go off topic too fast, making me loose interest..

It is a fact that most people behave better (and wiser?) on the internet, when you are logged on as YOURSELF, and not by a user name��

But...search FB for build threads? Forget it��
Old 08-30-2016, 06:42 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent
Vin...

Ding ding ding ding,..... Johnny tell him what he's won... I see 10X more traffic on FB regarding jets than RCU. Not sure if its that its so much easier to post pics?? But lots and lots of conversation once you make friends with like minded people. None of my buddies here in Seattle are on FB, I'm always copying photos to share with them.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:44 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by DrScoles
Ding ding ding ding,..... Johnny tell him what he's won... I see 10X more traffic on FB regarding jets than RCU. Not sure if its that its so much easier to post pics?? But lots and lots of conversation once you make friends with like minded people. None of my buddies here in Seattle are on FB, I'm always copying photos to share with them.
+1

I also follow some of the jet manufacturers on Facebook. Some post several times a day. I only visit RCU for the classifieds.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:40 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I think RCU is as good and entertaining as it ever was........."experts" just don't have a necessity to start new threads, but I still see them helping when asked for help.

Do take notice:
-Many "experts" were here to market their products or themselves..........they are on Facebook now, which is a much more effective marketing tool. Nobody crashes their $20K model on Facebook, and if they don't like your feedback....they disappear you. :-)
-Many "experts" fly models to which there are some very good threads already, no need to further expand on them
-Many "experts" were never experts to begin with, just very vocal people.
-Many "experts" just don't have much to show anymore. Remember when a Skymaster F-14 was "holy crap that's so cool!".....they still are.....but they're just not that unique anymore.

That being said.........those who were here to help to begin with, are still here. Those who are here mostly to show off.....those come and go.

David
Old 08-31-2016, 05:05 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I miss the "assemble" threads, even if its a model thats been done to death, always learn new trick when watching people do their installs. The gentleman who is doing the lightning right now is outstanding! Seeing how he is fabricating the cockpit are the things I like to see and wish there were more of.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:21 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
+1

I also follow some of the jet manufacturers on Facebook. Some post several times a day. I only visit RCU for the classifieds.
Dantley,
You do realize this thread is not in the classifieds? :-)

One of the things I like about RCU is the ability to quickly scan the threads and just click on the ones I'm interested in. I haven't figured out how to do that on Facebook.
Craig
Old 08-31-2016, 06:53 AM
dubd

Another factor is that over the past few years many more modelers are now using smart phones versus PCs. RCU isn't optimized for phones, so using this site can be a PITA if you're on a mobile device. RCU is the most antiquated forum that I use. Facebook on the other hand makes sharing from your phone exponentially easier.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:54 AM
dubd

Originally Posted by CraigG
Dantley,
You do realize this thread is not in the classifieds? :-)

One of the things I like about RCU is the ability to quickly scan the threads and just click on the ones I'm interested in. I haven't figured out how to do that on Facebook.
Craig
Craig, you selling a plane? ;-)
Old 08-31-2016, 09:25 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
Craig, you selling a plane? ;-)
Dubd, you do realize that you said you only visit RCU for the classifieds yet you commented on a thread in RC Jets.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:56 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent
Vin...
Nor am I a FB user. Tried it about the time it was starting to get popular and got I tired of seeing everyone tooting their own horns constantly. Also, my email spam just exploded. Now with all the information being collected by Zuckerberg and company, I see no reason to use FB.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:57 AM
dubd

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Dubd, you do realize that you said you only visit RCU for the classifieds yet you commented on a thread in RC Jets.
Yes, I do realize that. I'll clarify since you guys are taking my statement so literally. I *mostly* come to RCU for the classifieds.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:26 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

You gotta admit it was funny
Old 08-31-2016, 12:51 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
You gotta admit it was funny
Yes, I got a good laugh.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:19 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm no expert but I just don't come here as often any more.

I don't enjoy the attacks on someone when they do, show or market something new.

Good example is marc s releasing a new air trap. Out come all the haters.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-air-trap.html

The bottom line is if you don't like something or think it's too costly don't buy it.

Many great builders can be found here... http://rccanucks.com/forumdisplay.php?32-Jets

Thanks for the link, cool!

Last edited by Boomerang1; 08-31-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.