Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Scale Bell/Belt CP by E-Sky. >

Scale Bell/Belt CP by E-Sky.

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Scale Bell/Belt CP by E-Sky.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 02:12 AM

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Scale Bell/Belt CP by E-Sky.

Few years back I got a hand on this partially damaded model after a minor crash by the owner on his first atempt to fly it! After replacing the stripped main gear soon after I have never bothered to finish it off as there was minor damage to the flimsy plastic fuselage boom and never liked the stock radio, so it was sitting on the shelf .
Only pulled it out yesterday and decided to get it going.
Firstly, I have hooked it up on its stock TX/RX, but having problem with the gyro, going beserk even on the bench while static testing. After fitting in the basic 101 piezzo I had a little hover but the model was getting out of hand in no time and with the stock radio I couldn't do anything to reduce the Swash travel! Bugger that!
Hooked up on my old helicopter dedicated SPCM radio, reset the travel to minimum and had another go, but still finding the model extremely responsive and easilly getting out of hand despite I have a good helicopter flying experience. Absolutely horrible handle!
I'm going to spend more time on it as I'm not sure about the RPM, seem to be pretty high, next run I'll increase

Crap of the radio, front.

Now running on good old SPCM so I can play up with the SP.
some pitch mechanically, also mix in some revo up&down mix as the power inputs were creating some issue.
After looking at some other posts on this subject I can see thousands of posts, lot of talking but not a single, even short footage of the model in actual action.
Is anyone actually flying this model these days?

Last edited by Joseph Frost; 08-15-2022 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-16-2022, 03:54 AM

After further test runs the RPM seems just right for my like, after re-set of the pitch curve, now 5deg. at half stick, much better, more under control than my earlier goes but still a handle even trying to hover it at one spot and quickly getting out of hand with few inputs ! The GYRO doesn't seem to respond very well, so I hooked up 3AXIS one by Dualsky130 to have a next go if I can tame it down, but not sure if this AERO gyro will be compatible. Still have to calibrate/set it up after leads connections which required some soldering.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:44 PM

Well, I was somewhat sceptical if the "FC-130" will work with CCPM 120deg. set up, but after having a go, which ever way I tried to hook it up it's simply not compatible with the computer mixing, waste of time so my next step will be trying to get a hand on dedicated H-3Axis one.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:48 PM

Good news, after replacement of the stock wooden blades to slightly lighter composite and machining brass fly-bar add on weights at 10 grams each the model seems to be finally under my control after couple of short test runs, currently with Piezo 101 cube gyro set at max gain.
No need for 3Axis gyro, LOL.

Simple fix to make it more stable.
Old 08-22-2022, 01:22 AM

Made up another set of heavier fly bar stabilizing weights (12g each) settling the model even better, ready for the plastic coat on, LOL. Looks rather pretty little toy ready for action after minor mods to the front fuse for easy removal or install.

Fly bar gyros, cheaper alternative, LOL.

Dressed up with the coat on looking like a real helicopter.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:02 AM

Finally flying, took 12 years to get it up by right hands, LOL. I like it, looks sweet.

Ready for maiden.

Little breezy today but under full command.

Pretty little scale model.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:36 PM

Bit of a battle today in the wind, I rather fly this piddle in dead calm twilights next.

Too windy for this one today.

Little bumpy!
Old 09-07-2022, 02:07 AM

Just finished the 2K + article on the whole fun project ready for Editor, in this month State MAS News Letter. Only for readers, LOL.

Finaly enjoying to fly this little devil after all the drama.
Old 06-14-2024, 05:25 PM

Still enjoying my mini "Cyclone" nowadays flying it mainly indoors in perfect dead calm to break the spell from my F3P types.

Indoor fun.